Current Address

Elder Jordan Carlson


Send emails to: urumontemission@gmail.com with ELDER JORDAN CARLSON as the subject line. The mission home will print the email and send it to Jordan.

Monday, April 4, 2011

Conference, I Loved It!





Me with Elder Moffitt

Elder Moffitt's shirt...he went to the University of Utah before his mission


Dear Family,


Oh my gosh that snow is amazing.... I'm super jealous.... It's going to be getting cold here soon but we aren't going to get any snow.... I guess thats better though, its not like we would have time to play in it or anything anyway. It would just make working a big pain.....

Anyway, a ton happened this week! Conference first and foremost. I did absolutely love it. It was fantastic. I did get the box too, last Wednesday. Thank you for everything. It all works fantastic and yes everything was still there. Just so you know, I have never heard of anyones box ever getting opened before it got to them.... 

Anyway, I noticed a few themes throughout conference..... Tithing.... Temples (Specificly getting married in the temple.... Spencer......) and Trials too. Elder Holland's talk was awesome as usual I especially liked the part of "Gods voice will be heard" and first comes the witness of the prophets and apostles and second comes the witness of earthquakes and disaster.... very second coming like....

Speaking of which. I would like my name with the churches when the day of burning comes (elder Nelson) so could you write out a check for my tithing for that apx money that came in October and in January. You will have to get on my bank and check the exact amounts, then its just 10 percent...... haha

I really really liked Elder Christofferson's talk, Robbins of the Seventy had a really good one too.

I forgot to tell you but a couple of weeks ago, on change day. I had a bad fever that came out of nowhere.... it was like 101.6 or so.... luckily it pretty much went away the second we got to the church in Montevideo... 

So today we moved out of our tiny apartment. They are going to be doing a few fixes and painting, we are going to be out for like two weeks. We moved in with our ZLs, it's already a four elder house,. but luckily its huge. the only thing is today because of conference and all there are an extra 4 elders living there for a few days. so for today and tomorrow its a 10 elder house! yeah, how fun...

Also I haven't ever mentioned this but I'm getting fatter. I havent gained much, like 10 pounds. But there are elders dropping weight like crazy. Elder Plyler, one of the elders that came with me has lost like 40 pounds....

Ha so Elder Moffitt, my new comp only has 3 changes more than me in the mission like 4 months, and for some reason people here are always saying something about our Spanish, whether it be a compliment or insult. Anyway, we keep getting mixed reviews, so I made a little list of the times that people say my Spanish stinks and Moffitt's is really good and for the times that are just the opposite. For example we have this family that we are teaching. The mom is kinda weird but Moffitt would explain something and she would just look really confused, then I would teach something and she would praise me for my teaching and speaking skills, and the member that was with us totally agreed with her. haha it hurt Moffitt's confidence a little. But then the day before we were contacting and these two old catholic ladies came out and Moffitt started out and then I picked up where he left off, the lady cut me off and asked us "What languages do you speak" Moffitt said, "Spanish and English" She turned to Moffit and said, "You speak really good spanish" and then she turned to me "and You speak really bad spanish"..... Good old 33

They made a few slight rule changes, Now we are allowed to take a small dinner break, before no. Now we have 30 mins to eat around 6 ish.... interesting. Also in the Cyber we can use two separate computers as long as they are right next to each other, before we had to take turns....

Anyway, thats about it. We didn't have a single investigator come to conference, but we are working with some good people so it should be fine..... Watching conference as a missionary with a bunch of missionaries was just awesome....

Thats all for now!

Love
Elder Carlson!

No comments:

Post a Comment