Current Address

Elder Jordan Carlson


Send emails to: urumontemission@gmail.com with ELDER JORDAN CARLSON as the subject line. The mission home will print the email and send it to Jordan.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Minas

Dear family,

So, I'm in
Minas. My area is called Minas 2B, we work with the branch Minas 2. I live in a Four elder house like I said last time, its a really old crappy house, but it's big. It doesn't get too cold which is nice. Right now we are actually looking for a new house, to move, Yeah, I get to start that process over again.....

Anyway, my new comp is Elder
Mero, not Nero... phone confusion.... He is from Quito, Equador and this is his 4th change in the mission, he has like 4 and a half months out here. So far I really get along with him well. He is 23 years old, he is shorter than me, good guy. He loves to cook which is good, I don't think we get as many lunches here in Minas so he will be making the rest! haha

So this week started out pretty rough.. like I said, I was sick Sunday and Monday, well I thought I was going to be feeling better by Tuesday, change day, but I didn't.  I didn't have a fever but I had some severe stomach pain. That bus ride was miserable. I got to
Minas and worked in a threesome most of the day, but at like 6 or 7 I started feeling awful, bad headache and stuff, anyway later that night I checked my temperature and I had a fever of 104, so I called the wife of the president of the mission and she gave me the number for the mission doctor, he asked me some questions and told me to take Tylenol and sleep. Well I didn't sleep that much, I ended up having diarrhea throughout the whole night. It was terrible, one time I woke up to go to the bathroom and I went and got a drink and immediately threw it all up. it was bad. My fever broke in the morning and the doctor told me to take an antibiotic because he said I probably had a bacterial infection in my bowels, anyway the antibiotic worked because I felt way better the next day.  It was pretty miserable just siting around all day, hope it doesn't happen more in the mission....

Other than that, the branch is small but nice, I'm getting to know the investigators we have and all the members, us four  missionaries share the same branch so that is different, sometimes we all four go to lunch together. That's fun.

Well that's about all the time I have!

Love Elder Carlson

No comments:

Post a Comment