Current Address

Elder Jordan Carlson


Send emails to: urumontemission@gmail.com with ELDER JORDAN CARLSON as the subject line. The mission home will print the email and send it to Jordan.

Monday, July 11, 2011

Como Estan?

Hey Family!

Well this week flew by like all the others. It's hard to believe but we only have two more weeks left in this change. So I'm getting a new comp in just two weeks..... my comp elder Mero has been here, his first area, for 4 changes already. Elders almost never stay in their first area for four changes. It's almost a guarantee that he is gone. This week was good. It was a lot warmer than last week. the worst part is that our stupid house is colder inside than it is outside. hopefully we will be moving this week.

So as you see from the pictures, I made Chocolate Crinkles! They turned out great! better than any other recipe i have made here. Also i made it a little more Uruguayan and put Dulce de Leche in between a few. It was really good, just an overload on sugar really
. 



We went to Cerro Artigas, (Artigas' Hill) not really sure how to translate that one. maybe the hill of Artigas.... So ya supposedly this is the largest statue in all of South America.... I'm not sure what they are including in that definition, but it is really big. 





So most of our investigators are doing well. Diego was the only one that came to church, Claudio I guess didn't come because his back or something hurt. I'm not sure what to think about that one. But he is still doing really well, he is so smart. He is probably one of two investigators that I have ever taught that you can just say things logically and he will understand, you might remember Oribe, he was the other one that is smart and understands, from my first area. There is actually a guy here in our ward, the first counselor of the branch, he used to live in EstaciĆ³n branch in Florida. Its kinda neat.

I just remembered, this last week I went to a leadership conference, it already seems like it has been a few weeks since then because the time is going by so fast..... Anyway it was really good, it was about 45 elders from the mission, including all Zone Leaders and District Leaders and a few that aren't like me! ha ha I saw Elder Bendtschnieder there! That was fun, his Spanish is coming along really well. Also all my former companions were there, Elder Luke, Pesqueira, and Moffitt. I think I already told you this but Moffitt is now with my CCM comp Elder Spilsbury.
It was really nice to get away and just have a day to learn how to be a better missionary and hear and feel the testimonies of the other missionaries, it was a really good meeting. It was all day long. we had to get up at like 330 to make it there by 600 and then we left at like 630 and made it home by 845..... long day....

Really not that much happened last week.... ha ha I'm glad to hear that everything got done on the patio, it looks really good, where is the fire pit going to go, or is it a fire place.... dad said fireplace but I'd imagine pit.... I saw Spencer's car in the background, I was wondering what he did with that....

Anyway, That's about it for now!

Love Elder Carlson

No comments:

Post a Comment