Current Address

Elder Jordan Carlson


Send emails to: urumontemission@gmail.com with ELDER JORDAN CARLSON as the subject line. The mission home will print the email and send it to Jordan.

Monday, July 25, 2011

Changes!

Wow, Spencer's Vivint sales have really jumped up there. I hadn't heard anything about his selling in a long while.... thats good that they both are doing well then.....

Sounds like a pretty chill week, I'm guessing dad was off working, I think he said he was going to be in Idaho Falls, one of the elders with me here, and that started with me, Elder Lythgoe, is from Idaho Falls. Small world.




Well let's see, Changes are tomorrow, but we received the calls last night. I have never been able to guess what is going to happen, I wasn't right this time either. It was actually a big suprise. So, right now their are 6 elders in Minas. The most expected change was my comp, Elder Mero, that part i was right about, is leaving. He is going to a part of Montevideo, The part no one guessed right is my new comp. Right now we share one branch, Minas 2. I'm in Minas 2B and there are two elders, Lythgoe and Erwin in 2A. President is combining Minas 2A and 2B so  Elder Erwin and I are comps now. Really really unexpected, mostly  because Minas 2 is gigantic! Minas 2B is gigantic! This area Minas 2B, is about twice the size of my other areas I have had in Florida and Trienta y Tres. Now they are more than doubling that. So it's going to be like 4 times as big as my other areas.  I would have to guess that it's one of the biggest areas in the mission. There is about 25,000 people in our area. There are some areas that you get to know every single person that lives there they are so small. Not this one. Ah I'm not sure what we are going to do, its going to be hard managing an area this big.
Elder Erwin is cool, he is kinda weird but we will get a long just fine. haha, he is one group below me so we met in the CCM, he is from Brigham City. Both his parents are deaf, he knows sign language. he doesn't like Spanish, and he is like 6 ft. 5 in. so we will go to gether well.... its weird because we both know half of our area.... I guess we will have to work together a little bit.

Here is my district in Minas!
The tall one is Elder Erwin.... my new comp....

Yesterday was crazy. I'm sure you guys have no idea, but all of Uruguay is celebrating because they won the Copa America, American Cup. some huge soccer tournament between all of central and south america. They beat Paraguay 3-0 for the win. we studied during the game, because no one would even answer their door during it. Then we finished our study right about the time the game ended. The entire country erupted. everyone in minas took to the streets and headed for the plaza. There was a huge caravan of people yelling and shouting and celebrating. Montevideo was I'm sure hundreds times more crazy. Anyway, that was an unproductive evening. hahah.

oh ya, so now we are only going to be two of us in our super nice house. I will send photos. It's a tiny bit cramped with four but it will be very very nice with two.





Here is the new house..... it looks really messy because I took these the day after we moved in....
Don't worry mom it's not that messy still.

So recently we have found some pretty awesome investigators....
On Wednesday a woman came up to us and said she wanted us to pass by her house. We went on Thursday and turns out she is super prepared, she lived in an other part of Uruguay before and was best friends with the Hermanas. The only reason she didn't get baptized was because she was living with someone and they didn't want to get married. The only problem we have right now is she didn't come to church like she said she was going to.... we will see what happens though. Her name is Angela....

That same day we found another older lady name Julia that, 15 years ago was about to get baptized but then didn't because a missionary offended her. She is super good friends with a member here and just barely moved back to Minas. Hopefully we can baptize her soon too!

We have a few other new investigators that we are working with, hopefully things turn out well for them.

Diego is no longer an investigator.... he said he didn't want to learn anymore, also he got two piercings the other day.... maybe later on the Lord will change something in his life so that he can accept the gospel......

Claudio is still progressing, very slowly though. work is a big issue, we never can meet with him cause he is so busy.....

And now we have all the other investigators from the other area! so we will see what happens there.

Thats all for now. Love you all, thanks for the support and letters!

Elder Carlson!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment