Current Address

Elder Jordan Carlson


Send emails to: urumontemission@gmail.com with ELDER JORDAN CARLSON as the subject line. The mission home will print the email and send it to Jordan.

Monday, November 21, 2011

Temple Trip

Dear Family,

So Juan miguel still hasn't been baptized.... it looks like his dad kinda changed his mind as well, so the situation isn't getting better. But we aren't giving up, he is a stud. He came to mutual last week,  like normal, but this time he brought 5 friends. Also we had district confernce. He went to one of the Saturday sessions, he is awesome.

This week was very nice. On Thursday we had the wonderful opportunity to go to the temple!!!!!! It had been 14 months since I had been through a session in the temple. And we did it in Spanish. That was interesting. My poor companion, he understood lots but I'm sure there was lots of stuff he didn't. Anyway we left Florida at 5 in the morning and had a nice early session around 6:30, after the temple we had a conference with President Da Silva, it was also really good. I am excited to be able to go when I get back. Do you guys know when the second temple is scheduled to be finished?  Like 2 years or something? That will be fun to be able to go to the open house and dedication.

Thank you so much for the Christmas boxes. I will almost definitely receive them in 8 days because we have changes a week from tommorrow. It seems almost imposible that Elder Francis is almost done being an "Oro" or greenie.  He will soon be a full fledged junior companion. Time flies. Also I might have already said this but normally the mission goes to the temple once a year. But it just so happened that I was in the CCM when they went a year ago, therfore I will only get to go once in my mission and once at the end of my mission, instead of twice in the mission and once at the end. Oh well its a good thing we live in Provo, the only city with two temples....

Im glad to hear that everything is going well. I hope you guys enjoy the vacation. Hopefully Spencer will got a lot of studying in.  Although I  probably won't be celebrating Thanksgiving like you guys I will be thanking the lord for all I have been given... I really feel like my mission is a huge blessing in my life both right now and in the future.  And Dad, about your little comment about "knowing I miss home some times"... I don't want to offend you guys or anything, but I dont miss home. I´m too busy to miss home. But thanks for the loving words of consolation. Maybe I will quote them to my oro if he starts missing home during christmas :)

Everything is going great down here. Really humid but great, it's starting to get hot, we broke out the fans.....

Love,

 Elder Carlson
P.S.  Elder Luke comes home in 9 days, I will give him your phone number.


P.S.S.  I tried making apple pie on Wednesday, it turned out delicious, also I made potato soup yesterday, also delicious, they don't have dill here or I couldn't find it but it was almost as good without it. also I made rolls last week, tambiĆ©n, delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment