Current Address

Elder Jordan Carlson


Send emails to: urumontemission@gmail.com with ELDER JORDAN CARLSON as the subject line. The mission home will print the email and send it to Jordan.

Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanskgiving

Dear Family,
So Change calls came and we are staying.  In fact our entire district stays the exact same, really strange. Unfortunately I do not get to go to Montevideo this week for changes because there is no reason for me to go, so tomorrow we will just stay here and work like normal. I say unfortunately because I won't be able to say goodbye to Elder Luke.  He has two days left in his mission. That's crazy. It seems like yesterday we were here in Florida.  It's really normal that the trainer stays with his oro for 2 changes. That's how it was with Luke and I, and president told us that he was going to do that from now on so I wasn't suprised at all that we both stayed. It will probably be my last change in Florida. It would be  out of the ordinary if it wasn't. Possible but strange.

So.... no one even asked me how my Thanksgiving was!
We ate lunch with a family that consists of a Mother and 5 boys the oldest being 14 the youngest 6 months and a girl thats about 5. I think they have a dad but he is working out of the country, Needless to say, money isn't something that abounds. The food wasn't bad by any means, but not the normal feast I am used too.  I don't know if you recall last year, we were given two little hamberguer with rotten buns..... hgahah.... But this year was still really good, they are an awesome family. Really well behaved children. The oldest is a stud, really mature. Anyway Thursday night I made mini apple pies. I bought the premade empanada dough and filled it with apple pie filling and baked them and I made some vanilla ice cream, it was really good. I should have made a lot more though. They kinda reminded me of McDonalds apple pies.  All in all a good Thanksgiving and of course with the sweating heat it didn't feel anything like a normal Thanksgiving.

It's getting hot here.  The nights of a sweaty backs have already begun.

So we have some investigators, we are looking for  more as always but we are having some trouble getting our investigators to church.  It's the biggest snag on the road to baptism for us.
Everything will turn out good though.   We found some good looks  yesterday that we are excited about.

So I'm going to be sending a little box with Elder Luke (Soon to be know as Jason Luke) to bring to you guys in exchange for a Sunday dinner. I will give him our address and the cell phone number of mom and dad probably.  I think he plans on going to California where he used to live first for  like a week or so and then coming back to Utah. I'm sure he will let you know.

Im glad to hear everything is going well.  Good luck on your big test Spencer. I will make sure to remember you in my prayers.

Thanks everyone for all the love and support.

Love,
Elder Carlson

No comments:

Post a Comment