Current Address

Elder Jordan Carlson


Send emails to: urumontemission@gmail.com with ELDER JORDAN CARLSON as the subject line. The mission home will print the email and send it to Jordan.

Monday, March 12, 2012

Rats

Dear Family,
Hey so about that box you sent..... I would be holding your breath or anything..... I recived some bad ish news. Apparently the mission box that gets sent out every week by the secretaries hasn't arrived here in my area for like the past 2 months eventhough they send a new one every week.  I'm not really sure why the elders never said anything don't know when or if i will ever get that box, but thanks for the effort :)

And thank you for the bank statment, honestly I had no idea how much $ was in there now a days, but more than I thought so that's good :)

That's awesome about Spencer's internship opportunities,  I hope he gets the best one.

I can't believe that school for you guys is almost winding down already. It seems so weird. My internal long term clock is really messed up. With all the season changes and stuff it seems like school just barely got started here. 

Today is a really rainy day, We started out our day breaking our shower knob faucet thingy, So hot water was just pouring out of the shower head, but we are pretty handy we got it fixed up in a jif. Then we walked over to a members house in the rainy rain and got some lunch, Normally we don't get lunch on  PDay from the members but they signed up for that day and we aren't complaining, it's just inconvenient sometimes. Oh yes I might have mentioned this but those boots that I bought in Sportsmans Warehouse were a fantastic buy, I love them. I don't know if you remember they were really expensive but were on clearance sale and I got them for $70, They are really water proof!   Side note, pretty much all my clothing is doing well. I get compliments from other missionaries because I look like a new missionary with my well taken care of clothing. My pants are the only things that are suffering, but they will last I'm pretty sure.

Anyway so we had a pretty good Sunday. After the meeting of Executive Commitee in the morning (8:45) like 15 minutes before church we were scrambling to pick up an investigator, Sebastian because we said we would pass by at like 8:30 to walk with him, We ran back to the house to call him and when we called his mom she told us that he had already left with a member that lives near him. It was awesome, it saved us a bunch of time, and it was a blessing knowing that he was all ready and he took the inititive to get to the church. He is a twelve year old, he will most likly be getting baptized the 23 of March. He has already come to church twice. He is progressing really well.

Monica is having schedule issues. She is trying to get a new job and she wasn't able to meet with us this week, but we are hopeful still, we are going to try and involve her boys and get them excited to come to church in order to motivate Monica a little more.

We are still having some difficulty finding new people. It seemed a lot easier in Florida, but we are still working hard and trying to involve the members more in what we do.


So ya, I didn't bring my camera today.... sorry, but the house.... yeah, its... lets just say the President and Hna Da Silva want us to move as soon as possible. We haven't had any time to look for houses, and today with the rain I don't think we are going to be doing much searching. We have some nice leaks in the roof that drip on my things if i dont move them.... And we have rats :) We have a really funny video of the rats.... But I bought poisin and I don't think there are any more now.

I think that's about it for now.
Thanks again for the box :) I hope i get it!

Love, 
Elder Carlson

No comments:

Post a Comment