Current Address

Elder Jordan Carlson


Send emails to: urumontemission@gmail.com with ELDER JORDAN CARLSON as the subject line. The mission home will print the email and send it to Jordan.

Monday, March 26, 2012

I Received the Box!

Dear Family,
So spencer is car-less. What is he going to do? I guess it is almost summer  there, and he still has his motorcycle. Seems like a typical carlson experience selling it and all....

So yes I have read the Hunger Games, actually I listened to it on the drive home from Houston. I liked it but not a ton. I never read the other two. I had the second one but I didn't listen to it. I remember the third came out a week or so before I left.

Talk about trunky.... Yes, I do know when I'm coming home, September 19th.  I know I'm going to miss fall sememster but I will still be able to do block classes, at least a couple. Ask spencer if I have to register for them soon, and find out when so I can talk to my president and get it done. 


So ya I'm super excited about conference. I have been reading the Liahona a lot recently, I used to never read it but just today I read a really good article about Tender Mercies, it was great. It's in the Feb. 2012 liahona by Elder Bednar. It made me realize how many tender mercies I receive as a missionary. For example yesterday we were in ward council in the morning before church and we ran to our house 15 minutes before church to call Sebastian to see if he was ready or on his way already, I was expecting him to be ready and waiting for us to come get him and we were going to tell him to go with a member that lives near by. When we called his mom said he had already left with that very member. Just a lovely little blesssing having investigators that want to progress.


Unfortunately The Bishop doesn't want us to baptize Sebastian. It's really a difficult situation, I even called the mission president to get some advice and in this specific situation, my mission president is really good friends with my bishop and so he just told me to do what the bishop says.... so we are just going to have to work harder to get the bishop to see that Sebastian is ready to get baptized.



So good news..... I RECEIVED THE BOX!!!!!
I love orange chicken.... I made some and it turned out just like panada express... basically I just cut up chicken and breaded it in flour dipped it in egg and in flour again and fried it and then coated it in orange chicken sauce it turned out really well!!!! 

I know you just sent me the box and all, but an opportunity has presented itself. I told you about the Chappe Family from my ward that is currently in Utah, Well they said they would be willing to bring us some stuff, I gave them your cell phone number and Spencer's number, They supposedly speak English but I gave spencer's number too just in case.


They are going to be in Utah until the 1st of April I believe. If you could go meet them somewhere and give them these things for me I would be eternally greatful.... They are for me and for another elder that lives in my house.....

  • Peanut butter
  • 2 cans or bottles of Dr Pepper (Please just do it :) I love you and one is for the other elder)
  • Sensidine toothpaste (The whitestrips make my teeth sensitive)
  • Preach My Gospel in portuguese (Pregar Meu Evangelio (The distribution center has them)
That's it, I don't want to overload them.... I'm sure they will be completely fine with bringing that.

One question, Why did you send coffee flavored Werthers candies?
Other than that I'm doing great.


I finally feel like the area is starting to take off, It shouldn't be long for some baptisms. I get along great with my comp and with the elders in my house. They change is almost over, we get change calls this Sunday. Ideal situation. There are two Brasilians coming and I want one of them to live in my house and teach me Portuguese.

Love you guys!

Love,
Elder Carlson

No comments:

Post a Comment