Current Address

Elder Jordan Carlson


Send emails to: urumontemission@gmail.com with ELDER JORDAN CARLSON as the subject line. The mission home will print the email and send it to Jordan.

Monday, April 9, 2012

Sebastian is Still Progressing

Dear Family,


Wow, you already sent out my box, what a blessed boy I am.... I hope the Dr pepper doesn't explode and ruin everything else.

This is a picture of 6 of us missionaries out for dinner before conference....



So Easter. It was really good here too. We had some pretty awesome miracles. So we had a charla with Sebastian and his mom and Sebastian of course promised to come to church, but the suprising thing was that the mom said she wanted to go this week especially for easter, So we tried to get her to commit to coming.  She explicitly said she wouldn't commit to come but she would try to wake up and go to sacrament meeting. So we were pretty sure that she wouldn't be coming. Anyway Sunday rolled around, Sebastian came without problem, He is completely fine finding a member now to bring him and the members that live near him are awesome and take him when ever he asks.... Its not like its an inconvenience since they are going to the same church. Anyway, When sacrament meeting started Sebastian's mom hadn't shown up.  As I was having that thought and realizing that they weren't there, I looked behind me and there she was, siting in the back, with her husband. They both came, it was awesome! I still don't think that they are super interested in changing there bad habits, (Drinking and smoking) but who knows. Anyway it helps to show that they support Sebastian.  We are going to have a little talk with the bishop this week to set up some plans so he can get baptized. We are shooting for the end of this month. Anyway it was just an awesome blessing.
Hahah, I don´t know about you guys but they didn't have fast and testimony meeting this Sunday because of Easter, but i didn't know that, so we fasted. oh well!  Fasting isn't too bad in the mission, except in summer, then it's horrible.

So on a cooking note, I made some delicious Teriyaki Chicken with rice, turned out great. I also made a very invented pumpkin cookie. Technically it's not pumpkin, it was squash, almost the same. I made it with fresh squash because they don't sell anything like pumpkin pie filling here. They turned out really really well.... The second time..... The first time I did everything the same but I mis-read the recipe and I put 1 CUP of milk instead of 1 tsp.... it kinda changed it a lot.... I ended up making a sort of grease cake because they also don't have shortening here so i tried using pure fat, not a great idea. When I made the cookies i just used butter, it worked fine.


Other than that, things are going well here. Elder Rodriguez left last week and Elder Davies came. He is from the group above me. He is a cool guy, Oh yes speaking of the house. We actually found another house. the only thing is that we aren't sure if we got it. We talked to the guy and he said that he has someone else interested in it too, so we will see, we should know this week. It would be perfect, a lot bigger, recently fixed up. A nice backyard, oh yes and granite countertops! :)


Wow that sounds cool about the new car. I have seen a few of those down here.

Im still thinking about Conference, we had a nice big discussion about the talks last night, it was great it made me remember all the fantastic talks.


I Think thats about it!


Love you guys


Elder Carlson

No comments:

Post a Comment