Current Address

Elder Jordan Carlson


Send emails to: urumontemission@gmail.com with ELDER JORDAN CARLSON as the subject line. The mission home will print the email and send it to Jordan.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Every Chapel Has a Ping Pong Table

Hey mom!

To start with I'll answer your questions...

1.  We get fed by members a lot of the time in this area, It's pasta and meat or potatos and millanesas, which is like a chicken fried steak, or we just make some food or have cereal.

2.  We hand wash our clothes, I will send a pic of the laundry room, but we have a member that does it for us sometimes.

3.  Homesick. Really? haha No I'm not,  and I'm not lying either. Missionary work is hard but it's not like I want to go home. It really is going to be fun too, once I learn Spanish and all.

4.  Safe? Yes this area is about an hour from Montevideo, its pretty rural, an I haven't had any reason to worry so far. Plus my comp is a big Polynesian.

5.  What do I need? I will get to that later....

Anyway. So the otherday we were walking and all of a sudden we saw an elephant. yup. Turns out a german circus is in town.

I thought you might be interested to know how we get our money every month. At our first meeting they gave us a credit card with our name on it, and every month they put cash for us to withdrawl from a ATM, it's about 150 american I believe, 3000 urg

So as you can see from the pictures, our apartment is dirty. We were going to clean it today, but we ran out of time really fast.  And I'm running out of time to email.







Every chapel has a ping pong table in it. So if you could, please send my ping pong paddle in the next box you get together. Oh yeah -  thanks for the Christmas box I got it today from my ZLs. It looks like it only took 10 days to get to the mission home. After it gets there, they send it via the bus system to my area, we get a box with letters and other boxes everyweek on pday.
Yesterday, they had everyone in my old district come back to Montevideo and do some medical tests. It took the first half of the day for us, but for some of the guys that are in areas 5 hours away, it took up all the time.
Anyway, so two of our investigators names are Richard, and Axel. They are both getting baptized this Saturday. They are awesome! Richard is 19 years old and Axel is 11. Richard is doing so so so well, and they both know everything pretty much. Our biggest problem right now is that all the investigators we have are ready for baptism, so as soon as we baptize them we aren't going to have anyone left to teach.... So we are working on finding new people to teach.
I do want an ipod sent out soon, but I don't have the time to tell you some of the music I want. You can go a head and start getting it ready if you want, and next week I will send you a list of some music I want you to include. Other than that and the ping pong paddle iI think I'm good.
Thank you so much for the Christmas package and the stuff to make no bake cookies! It was perfect timing. I'm going to try really hard not to open anything else. But since I could see what it was, I figured it was fair game. p.s. peanut butter doesn't exist down here but pretty much everthing else does, so if you get in the mood to send a package, peanut butter is always welcome.
Thats all for now I guess.
Love,
Elder Carlson IV

Jordan at the Buenos Aires MTC

No comments:

Post a Comment