Current Address

Elder Jordan Carlson


Send emails to: urumontemission@gmail.com with ELDER JORDAN CARLSON as the subject line. The mission home will print the email and send it to Jordan.

Monday, August 1, 2011

My New Companion...

Dear Family,
That story about the missionary being attacked by lions at the zoo makes me think of another story I heard here, there was an elder at a zoo and he climbed up on a chain link fence and was throwing rocks at the bears yelling... "Oso! freaking Oso hah hahha, Oso" Ya there are a lot of dumb missionaries..... 

So I got my box, I'm not going to lie, I opened it early even though my birthday isn't for a few weeks! I'm a little confused at your selection of things.... did I ever mention anything about mosquitos last summer? hahah oh well hopefully it will come in handy, good call about the millano cookies, one of my favorites.... and I always love some good grape....

So I actually went today to Montevideo to get the wart removed [plantar wart on his foot]. We froze it. WE meaning Hermana Da Silva [the Mission President's wife] and I. No doctors needed. I will probably have to treat it again in two weeks.  Hopefully it works well, its annoying. 

That's awesome about the ward baptism! Were the missionaries involved?  I don't really remember seeing the missionaries in our building.. ever... and I don't think I have ever seen a confirmation in sacrament meeting. That's really awesome!

So I got a letter from Coulsen, he got dear johned.... hahha we all saw it coming..... 

Oh yes, my companion, Elder Erwin, is  6ft 5in, and from Brigham city, Ut. He has lost like 36 pounds on the mission, he is quite the character. o sea(spanish), he is weird. I think Whitney would get a long with him well, he is very into dance, singing, and musical theater. uh... yeah. hahha he wants to be a drama/ geography teacher and coach girls basketball on the side if he has time. We will just say he is a little flamboyant. He likes to sing and dance to Enya and EFY all day long or at least at night when we are home..... ps I would like the new EFY album if one came out this year......

So before Elder Mero left we took pictures of Minas from the only tall building in Minas...






We still don't have a telephone, its inconvenient. 

Angela came to church with her daughter(6) and her sister, we are going to baptize her either this week or the next week depending on if we can meet with her practically every day this week.

We are plenty busy now with the area, in the other area we have a guy named Fredy, he will be getting baptized as soon as they get married. They already have a date to get married which is the hardest part.

Well, going to Montevideo killed almost all my Pday, so I have to go and do the other stuff.... wash the garments and all....

Love You Guys!   

No comments:

Post a Comment