Current Address

Elder Jordan Carlson


Send emails to: urumontemission@gmail.com with ELDER JORDAN CARLSON as the subject line. The mission home will print the email and send it to Jordan.

Monday, August 29, 2011

An Early Birthday Present for Mom

Dear Family,


Sounds like everything is going well....


I had no idea that Spencer was moving out finally. Where is he living now? Is he just renting?
Oh AP Stats, does Whitney have Mr. Marker, he is the best and probably the easiest.


Well, we still don't have a phone line and what's worse we now don't have access to the old house so we are officially without a phone. We have a card to use the payphones throughout the city. It's a pain, oh well. Hopefully we get a phone this week otherwise change calls (This Sunday) are going to be a huge pain. It's crazy that the change has already flown by. This Sunday we get calls and the Tuesday following that is the actual changes.
Time is moving faster and faster the further along I get. This coming change (My 8th in the field) I will pass my one year mark. that's weird.


So here is a weather report from this last week.


Monday- I was gone all day doing immigration ( but i didn't do the immigration stuff, only my companion did, which means i have to go some other day and do it.)
Tuesday: Overcast, cold
Wednesday: Overcast, cold
Thursday: Overcast, still cold
Friday: Still Overcast, and Cold
Saturday: It started really overcast and extremely windy, then it got colder and it rained, and rained and rained some more.
Domingo: Overcast.


Today actually is pretty nice looking.  I saw the sun so that's good.


So things are going pretty well work wise here. Emma (Angela's Mom) is doing really well. She is reading the gospel principles book and loves it. Also we finally had a charla with Irene, Angela's sister. She had listened in on some of the charlas but we finally had one just for her. Also she is like 19 and is studying to be an English teacher, so we gave her a Liahona in English with the same one in Spanish to compare and read.


Ha ha... the other day we had a lesson with Emma and she was asking about our family and stuff and she said something, talking about my comp, along the lines of "He(Elder Erwin) has more American blood than the other(me) (because he's tall), but he (Me) must have some Latino blood because Spanish is easier for him" Haha it was funny!
First off everyone thinks all Americans are tall, beautiful and look younger than they actually are. Mom, I was going to save this for your birthday but on a few occasions when I show the family pictures people have thought you were my sister. don't let it go to your head or anything!


So.... the last time you sent me a box, you said it's hard to think of things to send me... well don't worry I am making a list for Christmas so it will be easier. But in the mean time I would be very appreciative if you could send me a very small packet of things (last time I asked for a packet you sent me a whole box, just a packet will suffice).


  1. I would really like the Portuguese Missionary language learning book, its lime green i think. you can get it at Deseret Book or maybe the Distribution center.
  2. Envelopes. The kind that are a little nicer that have the strip that you just pull off the seal it, the licking kinds don't work good because the humidity seals them shut.
  3. Address stickers. My name "Elder Jordan Carlson" and my mission address, just a sheet or two
  4. Kool-aid packets, but just send me the normal super cheap ones that you have to add sugar too. because we do have sugar down here
And maybe get Cameron to give me a few mission ties. That is something you can always send me, Ties. I always like me some ties.


Just a small packet. maybe for the good old one year mark or something.


Well that's about it.


Thanks and i love you all!


Elder Carlson!


ps. Kate Ze... I don't know how to spell her last name, besides its different now that she got married. Anyway, she sent me a letter. It was great and very much appreciated! Sounds like she is doing great out there in Virginia! Thanks for the update Kate!

No comments:

Post a Comment