Current Address

Elder Jordan Carlson


Send emails to: urumontemission@gmail.com with ELDER JORDAN CARLSON as the subject line. The mission home will print the email and send it to Jordan.

Monday, September 5, 2011

I'm Getting Transferred!

Dear Family,

Well I will start with the noticias.

I'm leaving Minas! I can't believe I'm leaving so quickly. 2 changes is nothing. I'mm kinda upset because I wanted to stay because things have really picked up here and we have a ton to do. Elder Erwin is staying and getting a Latino elder that is fairly new in the mission like his third change. And Elder Erwin is going to be the District leader here in Minas

I am going to Asamblea. I'm going to be with Elder Villard. This is also his third change. so he is bien nuevito. He might be from Chile or Argentina we aren't sure. I'm going to be the district leader there. Oh yes and did I mention Asamblea is in FLORIDA! My first zone! oh yes and Asamblea shares a house with Estación! MY FIRST AREA. I'm going back to my first house. I did companion exchanges in Asamblea. its super weird. It's going to be cool though because Estación meets in the same church building so I am going to get to see a bunch of people I know. Converts and members and I'm going to be doing companion exchanges in Estación. It's super weird.

Also my stud of a trainer Elder Luke is now one of the new APs. He will finish off his mission as AP. 

It's hard to belive I'm going back to Florida. I'm not that excited to pack. Oh well.

This last week was good. We had some funny experiences. We had 4 investigators in the church so that was good. We have a lot of good progressing investigators it's a shame I won't be here to see them get baptized. 

The other day I was working and it was a little hot out so I took off my jacket. We continued working and walked a long ways, we ran by the house to go to the bathroom and get a drink before our next scheduled lesson. As I was walking up the stairs A thought from out of nowhere entered my brain. "Your passport and debit card were in your jacket pocket" I ran over to my jacket to check to see if they were still there because when I took off my jacket I was holding it in such a way that the pocket was upside down. Stupid Gravity. My debit card was gone. I still had my passport (in actuality it's just a copy of my passport) My mission debit card I should say, not my personal card. It's the way we get our monthly allowance and reimburses. So we went all over our area retracing our steps to try to find it. No luck. So I called the financers of the mission to tell them that we probably needed to cancel it and send me a new one. They didn't answer because they were out working so I left a message. It was very upsetting because that very day we were going to get our monthly money that's why I had the card with me. It was going to be a huge hassle. Anyway we continued working and about at 7 o clock we were walking to a lesson and some lady was getting in her car and she stopped us and pulled out my Debit card!!!!! She told us that she had found it on the ground on a street corner and saw that had a weird name so she assumed it was ours. It pays to be an American down here! It was a very welcome answer to prayer.

Also we have some problems down here in Uruguay. We teach people the correct way to pray but they forget a lot. We have an investigator that always starts out "Dear Heavanly Father............ Jesus......." and then starts her prayer. She ends by saying "Thank you jesus, thank you..........amen" hahah its funny. She really loves Jesus. She said in her prayer once that "I really love jesus and I like people who love jesus. and I don't like talking to people who don't like jesus. Keep them away from me....." haah it's pretty funny. 
Also someone in the church yesterday ended their testmony in the name of the holy ghost amen.

Thats about it. 

Here are two photos....
Me and Elder Erwin

These. are Alfajores. They taste delicious. I eat them often. Pronounced (Alphahore)



Love Elder Carlson!

No comments:

Post a Comment